Seven Genius Beauty Tips for Summer
Welcome to the best season of the summer! Sun, salty water, cocktails, laughter and vacations: sounds like a dream come true! Not to mention that your wardrobe gets a little wilder and you feel more inspired to dress to impress. After all, you do not have to consider the temperatures outside and whether you can get ill if you skip on that jumper. Instead, you are able to wear open sandals, halter necks, open back dresses and throw only a kimono over your perfect outfit! It is so much easier to dress sexy, stylish and creatively during the warmer months. Also, I do not know if you have noticed, but when there is more sun, skin tends to get a little more better-looking. Maybe it is the tan appearing slowly, but steadily, or maybe the fact that when you are on vacation, you are away from the dirty air in the city, but most people enjoy rather clear skin during the summer. Last but not least, you do not feel obliged to have a perfect makeup look or straight, perfect hair: messy is the new sexy! You feel free and wild and you allow yourself more experiments with your appearance.
However, there are some things that can go wrong in your beauty routine during the summer: sunburns, tanning mistakes, dry hair, hair removal is intense… That’s why you need to be prepared as soon as possible! Take a look at a few little tricks that you can incorporate and solve problems easily:
- Self-tanner mistakes are inevitable when you are new to the trade or you are in a rush. However, the good news is that there is a DIY way to solve the problem: create a paste of baking soda and water. Use it to gently exfoliate the skin and get rid of any orange patches or uneven areas of your tan.
- We advise you to leave your hair dry naturally, on its own, during the summer, so that you limit damaging it: the hot weather will help you and dry it fast! However, if you are in a hurry or you just want to style your hair with the help of a blow dryer, you can get really sweaty on the back of your neck. Simply apply deodorant to the back of your head and you will solve the issue quickly!
- Sunburn can drive you crazy. If you need a quick remedy that will save you from the pain, redness and overall inflammation, you simply need to freeze some aloe vera gel in ice cube trays. Keep a set of these ready in case you have a problem or want to help out someone.
- Sweating is inevitable during the summer, at least for most people. If you do not sweat, well, we hate and envy you! However, if you do, you might get really annoyed that sweat can ruin your favorite t-shirts. There is a way to get rid of sweat stains: simply squeeze some lemon juice over the stains before laundering.
- Hair removal also becomes a huge part of our beauty routines during the summer. If you use a razor, you know how it can rust and ruin your day because you have none others left at home! In order to keep the razor from rusting in between shaves, coat it with olive oil: it will protect it!
- Furthermore, a lot more of your body is revealed when you are on the beach and who want a rash in the bikini line area when you want to look fabulous in that bathing suit! Chilled chamomile tea bags will help you soothe the rash, until you find a better solution.
- Finally, you need to be able to easily get rid of sand on your legs when going home after a long day spent at the beach. Baby powder can help you! Not only can it be an alternative to dry shampoo, but also it can absorb the moisture on your skin from water and sweat, and let sand be wiped off easily and immediately. Simply sprinkle it on your feet, legs or wherever else you want and get rid of the sand!
- Image: Fotolia