30 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars Quickly
Are those unsightly scars on your pretty face bothering you very much? Acne scars may be an embarrassing problem, especially for teenagers. This skin disease is primarily caused due to the rise in the androgen levels. Other reasons may be the use of greasy cosmetics, hormonal changes during pregnancy, heredity, unhealthy eating habits, stress, etc. The scars that these zits leave snatch the beauty of your face. So, here are some home remedies to get rid of acne scars fast.
Home Remedies for Acne Scars
1. Baking Soda
Prepare a fine paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of baking soda in water. Apply the paste onto the infected area and wash it after a couple of minutes. Alternatively, you can also apply a mixture of 5 tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, 2 tablespoons baking soda, and the juice of half a lemon. Apply this mixture on your face and clean it after 5 minutes. Make sure you use this remedy once or twice a week.
Take a cup of cooked oatmeal and add juice of half a lemon and 1 teaspoon of honey. Massage your skin with this mixture and let it stand for half an hour. Wash with lukewarm water afterwards. Repeat the same process once or twice a week.
3. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth is considered the best acne scar treatment, as it has the property of absorbing the excess oil. Prepare a mud pack by mixing rose water, fuller’s earth, and sandalwood powder in equal proportions. Apply this pack on your face and clean it after it dries up. Carry out the same procedure once a week.
4. Lemon Juice
Use lemon juice for acne scars on daily basis. It removes dirt from the pores. What all you need to do is take a slice of lemon and rub it on the affected area. Leave it on for a couple of hours and then clean your face with water.
- Another option is to mix rose water and lemon juice in equal quantities and wash the infected area with this solution.
- Or else, mix 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, almond oil, and honey. Add 2 tablespoons of milk. Stir well and apply.
If you want to get rid of acne scars overnight, this remedy is surely the best for you. Use your regular toothpaste on the affected skin before you hit the sack to clear acne scars.
6. Rose Water and Sandalwood
Mix rose water and sandalwood powder to prepare a paste. Apply it on your scars and leave it on for a whole night. Next morning, wash it with cool water. You can also add some lemon juice in the paste.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil works wonders in getting rid of back acne scars. Take a few drops of olive oil in your hands and rub on the scars before you bath. After about 2 hours, bath with glycerin containing soap. Continue using this remedy until you see any improvement.
8. Egg White
In a dish, mix lemon juice and egg white in equal quantities. Apply it on the scars before you hit the hay. Next morning, rinse it off.
Rub your scars with a slice of potato. Or else, apply the juice of potatoes on the affected area to get a clear skin.
10. Gram Flour
Mix together 2 tablespoons of gram flour, 1 tablespoon of rose water and some turmeric powder in a dish to form a face pack. Apply it for a few minutes till the paste becomes dry. Wash with water and repeat this process for up to a week.
11. Cucumber Juice
Extract the juice of a cucumber. Add some yogurt to it and mix well, forming a smooth paste. Apply it on the scars and leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Clean your face with normal water.
- Another way is to employ either cucumber juice or plain yogurt on your scars using a cotton ball. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then clean with normal water.
Simply apply yogurt on the skin. Wash it off with normal water after a few minutes. This remedy will make your skin spotless and clear.
Blend papaya pieces to make juice. Apply it on the scars and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Wash with normal water afterwards. Continue using this remedy until you see the results.
You may use honey in the following ways:
- Apply honey on the scars for a couple of minutes. Wash it with normal water.
- Or else, mix some drops of lemon juice in honey and apply it on your acne scars. After a few minutes, clean your face.
This is one of the simplest ways for acne scar treatment. Rub a piece of ice on your acne scar to get instant relief.
16. Orange Peel
Take some orange peels. Place them it in the sun until they dry out completely. Now, crush them to form a fine powder. Add some water to prepare a smooth paste. Dab this paste on your scar, leaving it for around 10 – 15 minutes. Later, wash it off using warm water.
17. Vitamin E Oil or Capsule
The presence of anti-oxidants in vitamin E oil works wonders for acne scar removal. Before starting this remedy, steam your face so that all the skin pores open up. Massage the oil on the affected area gently for 10 minutes. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash off with water.
Simply apply tomato pulp on the scars to get flawless and glowing skin.
- Grind a tomato and cucumber in a blender to prepare a paste. Apply it on your scar and let it sit for an hour. Wash off with water. Repeat the same process for better results.
- Or else, prepare a tomato mask by mixing pulp of 2 tomatoes and juices of 1 cucumber and 2 avocados. Apply this mask on your face and clean it with water after 15 to 20 minutes.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Dilute a few drops of apple cider vinegar in some water. Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture on the scars. Allow it to stand for a couple of minutes and then clean with normal water.
Add 2 to 3 aspirins in a little water so that these tablets completely dissolve in water. Now, add 2 tablespoons of honey to form a smooth paste. Apply it. Wait for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water afterwards.
21. Cocoa Butter
In order to fade acne scars, apply cocoa butter. It will also moisturize your skin, along with making it soft and smooth.
22. Cod Liver Oil
Apply cod liver oil to lighten acne scars.
Herbal Remedies to Get Rid of Acne Scars Naturally
This is considered one of the best remedies to heal acne scars. Extract the juice by crushing some fresh mint leaves. You can also add turmeric powder to this juice. Apply it onto the scar.
- Or else, apply crushed mint leaves on the affected area.
24. Rosehip Seed Oil
Rub your acne scars with rosehip seed oil twice a day.
25. Lavender Oil
Massage your skin with lavender oil to get rid of acne scars fast.
26. Tea Tree Oil
This is one of the most popular natural treatments to get rid of acne scars overnight. Simply apply some tea tree oil on your scar before going to bed.
Note – If the undiluted tea tree oil is causing redness, skin irritation, and overdrying to your skin, then use a 5 percent solution of this oil.
27. Aloe Vera Gel
The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of aloe vera make it one of the best ways to get rid of acne scars. The gel prepared from aloe vera is readily available in the market. Alternatively, take an aloe vera leaf and get pure aloe vera gel by cutting and squeezing it from the middle. Apply it on your scar two times a day.
To remove acne scars, you may use fenugreek in any of the following ways:
- Prepare a smooth herbal paste by crushing fenugreek leaves. Apply it. After 10 to 15 minutes, clean your face using warm water. Carry out the process for 3 to 4 days.
- Or else, take 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and crush it to form a fine powder. Add some warm water to make a paste and apply it on your scar. After 20 minutes, wash it off. Perform this 2 to 3 times in a week.
29. Indian Lilac
Take some Indian lilac leaves and prepare a smooth paste by adding a little water. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and apply it on the infected area. After 20 minutes, clean your scar. Repeat the same procedure at least 2 times in a week. Alternatively, you can also apply Indian lilac oil a couple of times in a day.
30. Chamomile Tea
Prepare chamomile tea and use it to rinse the scars. It’s one of the best herbal remedies to treat acne scars.
- Drink a lot of water and fresh juices to remain hydrated.
- Wash your face with clean water several times a day.
- Use cosmetics that are oil-free.
- Use wipes instead of towels and napkins.
- Keep your body fit and active.
- Increase intake of oranges, apples, green vegetables, fresh vegetables, dairy items, iron supplements, vitamin A, broccoli, carrots, fish, squash, liver and cereals.
- Use a sunscreen lotion whenever you go out in the sun.
- Never touch the scars with your hands.
- Avoid taking stress by doing yoga or meditation.
- Avoid intake of sugar and high-calorie foods in your daily diet.